Whole urad dhal-1 cup
Cumin seeds-1 tsp(optioanal)
Salt- to taste
Coconut oil- as much needed to smear the dosa.
- Soak whole urad and rice separately for 4-5 hours.
- Grind soaked urad first to a coarse paste.
- Transfer it in a vessel.
- Now grind the soaked rice coarsely like that of idli rawa.
- Mix both the batters and ferment it overnight.
- Next morning add salt to taste,cumin seeds(optional) and mix it well.
- It will resemble like a idli batter.
- Heat a tawa,spread a ladle of dosa,smear it with coconut oil,simmer and close the lid.
- After a minute,flip the dosa to the opposite side and roast it well.
- Serve it with chutney and coffee.