Recipe adapted from: Kudpirajs Garam Tawa
Mackerels(Bangude,Raja/Raza/Razu)-4,washed,cleaned and gashed
Tamarind paste-1/4 tsp(or extract)
Coconut Oil-1 tbsp approx
Salt- to taste
Ingredients to be marinated:
Kashmiri chilly powder-4 tsp
Coriander powder-2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Garlic powder or paste-1/2 tsp
Tamarind paste-1/4 tsp(Or extract)
Salt to taste
- Marinate the fish with the ingredients mentioned under the list for an hour.
- Heat oil in pan,saute curry leaves until crisp.
- Add chopped garlic and saute for few seconds.
- Add chopped onions and saute until light pinkish in colour.
- Add green chillies and tomatoes and cook until raw smell disappears.
- Add chilly powder,turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Add marinated fish,coat it well with the masala.
- Add the leftover marinade adding little water and close the lid for few minutes.
- Open the lid,turn the fish carefully and cook it until done.
- Serve it hot.