Cheppi Kheeri is a bland Kheer and is sugarless.This is prepared on festive occasions like Nagar Panchami and Gowri Pooja.As a kid I wasn’t enjoying this dish much but now this is one of my favourite. The aroma of the turmeric leaves is infused very well in the Kheer and it is one of the main ingredient.
Basmathi rice-1 cup
Coconut extract(milk)-2 cups(thick)+1 cup thin extract
- Wash rice and soak it for 10 minutes.
- Take a pressure cooker,add rice,turmeric leaves and 1 1/2 -2 cups water and take 2-3 whistles and cook it until soft.
- The texture should be mushy.
- Once the pressure releases add thick coconut milk,take a small boil.
- Add thin extract and adjust the consistency.
- See that it doesn’t get burnt.
- Serve it hot.
- You may also add sugar while eating.