Grated coconut – 2 cups
Jaggery -1 cup
Chana dal – 1/2 cup
White or black sesame seeds- 2 tbsp approx
Puffed paddy powder- 1 cup(optional)(layi)
Cardamom powder-1/2 tsp
Ghee- 2 tsp
- Melt jaggery with 1/4 cup of water.
- Strain the syrup once dissolved to remove any impurities.
- Return it on the flame and boil it until it bubbles
- Add freshly grated coconut.
- Mix it well and cook it until it forms a homogeneous mixture.
- Mixture should be dry.
- Keep it ready.
- Dry roast chana dal for few minutes until you get nice aroma and turns brown.
- Cool and powder it coarsely.
- Just pulse it once or twice.
- Wash sesame seeds and dry roast it.
- Roast cashewnuts separately and powder it coarsely with sesame seeds.
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned in the list and combine it well.