Urad dhal-1 cup
Bombay suji-2 cups
Salt- to taste
- Soak the urad dhal for 5-6 hours and grind it until fluffy.
- Ferment it overnight.
- Roast the Bombay suji until you get a nice aroma without burning it.
- You may also add the suji in a cloth,tie it and steam it in a steamer for 20 minutes instead of dry roasting.
- Cool it,wash it well,squeeze extra water and add to the fermented batter.
- Make the paste out of ginger and green chillies and add it to the batter.
- Add salt and beat the batter well.
- Grease the idli moulds,add a ladle of batter.
- Steam it for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve it hot with chutney.