Recipe adapted from : Jeyashris Kitchen
Besan-1 1/4 cup
Potatoes-2,boiled and mashed well
Chilly powder-1 tsp
Garam masala powder-1/2 tsp
Lime juice-1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil- as much as needed to deep fry
- Mix all the ingredients except oil into a soft dough.
- Once it reaches the dough consistency grease your hands with a tsp of oil and knead it further.
- If you feel the dough is too thin and sticky add little besan.
- Grease the sev maker with the oil,make oblong balls with the greased hands and fill the dough in the mould.
- Heat oil and prepare sev squeezing directly in the oil.
- Fry in low flame on both the sides until golden brown .
- Once the sizzling sound of the oil subsides it indicates that the sev is ready.
- Cool it,slightly crush it with you hands like sev and store it in an airtight container.
- The original recipe called for 1 cup of besan.
- But since my potatoes were sticky I added few tbsp of besan further.
- Greasing your hands with oil before making the ball and filling in the press is very important.
- Repeat greasing your hands with oil everytime you fill the press.