Cornflakes(Maize flakes)-2 cups (dried and which is used for mixture)
Raw groundnut-1/2 cup
Roasted gram-1/2 cup
Curry leaves-5-6 sprigs
Oil- to deep fry
Ingredients for the spice mix:
Sugar-3 tbsp approx powdered
Chilly powder-1/2 tsp
Roasted cumin powder-1/4 tsp
Asafoetida powder-a pinch
- Mix all the spice mix in a small bowl and keep it aside.
- Heat oil and deep fry all the dry fruits,roasted gram,groundnuts and curry leaves one by one separately and keep it ready.
- Heat oil and deep fry the cornflakes until crisp.
- Always use a kitchen tissue once you deep fry any ingredient.
- Transfer the cornflakes in a wide bowl and add spice mix when it is still hot.
- This is done so that the cornflakes gets coated to the spice mix well.
- Lastly add all the deep fried dry fruits and other ingredients and toss it well.
- Cool it well and store it in an airtight container.