When it comes to preparation of Rice Delicacies it is always a first choice.I love cooking rice dishes.When I saw this ghee rice when Suphala Shenoy posted in her Fb wall, it seemed very interesting and inviting.I tried this today and it came out very tasty and aromatic.I prepared vegetable Kurma as an accompaniment with this which is again Suphala’s recipe and it complimented very well.Stay tuned for Vegetable Kurma.Please check my style of ghee rice here.
Basmathi rice-1 cup
Cinnamon-1/2 ” piece
Salt- to taste
- Powder the whole garam masala coarsely in a mortar and pestle.
- Heat ghee in a pan,roast cashewnuts until light brown.
- Add coarsely ground spices,onions and fry until translucent.
- Add washed rice and fry for a minute.
- Transfer this mixture in the rice cooker,add water,salt to taste and milk.
- Cook it until done.
- You may do it manually in a pan or take exactly one whistle in the cooker if you are preparing in the pressure cooker.
- I prepared it in the rice cooker as suggested by Suphala.
- Serve it hot with vegetable Kurma.