Recipe adapted from: Niyas world
Sugar- 2 cups,powdered(you may reduce 1/4 cup if you want less sweet)
Ghee-1 tbsp(to roast besan)
Ghee- 1 cup (100 ml)
Ghee-1 tsp to grease a tray
Milk-2 tbsp, boiled and at room temperature
- Roast the besan in ghee for 4-5 minutes until you get a nice aroma.
- Sieve the roasted besan for better results and to get a smooth texture.
- Take a micro safe bowl with 1 1/2 lt capacity and melt ghee for 1 minute on high temperature(750 watts).
- Grease a thali,preferably a square baking tin or a borosil tin and keep it ready.
- Mix the roasted besan,sugar powder,milk in the melted ghee and remove any lumps.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes until the mixture starts bubbling well.
- This is the right stage to switch off the Microwave .
- Immediately spread the bubbling mixture in the tray and smoothen it with a spatula.
- Cool it for 10 -12 minutes and then cut into desired shapes.
- Wait for an hour or more and carefully transfer the Mysore Pak in a container.
- After few hours the Mysore pak turns hard and firm.