Fine suji(Bombay rawa)-1 cup
Jaggery powder-1 cup
Salt- to taste
Cardamom powder-1/4 tsp
- Mix all the ingredients together by adding water.
- Make the batter thick not too dry nor thin.
- Keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes steam it in an idli stand or in turmeric leaves.
- To steam in turmeric leaves,wash the leaves well,wipe it with a clean cloth,remove the stalks.
- Pour the batter over top or bottom of the leaf keeping space in between to fold it into half.
- See that the batter doesn’t come out.
- Arrange it in a steamer and steam it for 15 minutes like idli.
- You may prepare this on a plantain leaf too.
- The same recipe may be substituted with grated cucumber instead of grated pumpkin.