Maida-1 1/2 cup
Ghee – 2 tbsp,heated
Sugar- a pinch
Ajwain(carom seeds/bishops weed)-1/4 tsp approx
Eno fruit salt-1/4 tsp
Oil- to deep fry
- Take a broad mixing bowl,add maida,salt to taste,ajwain,sugar and fruit salt.
- Make a dent in the centre and add water as much as needed and make a soft dough.
- Once the dough is almost done add heated ghee and knead further.
- The dough should be soft as of chapathi.
- Close it and keep it to set for an hour.
- Once it sets,punch the dough again,make lemon sized balls.
- Meanwhile keep oil to heat.
- Roll the balls into thin round chapathi.
- Use a pizza cutter or tukdi cutter and give diamond shape cuts.
- Once the oil starts to smoke,adjust the heat and slide the tukdis carefully in the oil.
- Roast until crisp and brown in colour.
- Cool it and store it in an airtight container.
- Munch it with evening tea/coffee.