Few days back my sister called me from U.A.E to send few goodies from Mangalore with her friend who is returning back soon.And butter cookies was one of them.We get best homemade butter cookies in Mangalore but since it is in great demand it gets sold like hot cakes.But fortunately or unfortunately I didn’t find it in any stores despite hunting it in all possible places.And lo I decided to bake myself and send,after all I too don’t bake bad right.But again I wanted to try my hand at new recipe and as usual Divya Kudua’s blog came to my rescue.I found this easy peasy recipe and the added bonus was the recipe was eggless.I dedicate this post to the little fellow,my sisters son,my 2 years old Nephew Ashish babu who loves my bakes,after all he belongs to the foodies family 😀 .
Recipe adapted from : Easycooking
Maida/All purpose flour- 1 cup
Cornflour- 1/2 cup
Vanilla essence- 1 tsp
Chopped nuts – 1/2 cup(I used cashewnuts)
Icing sugar-3/4 cup
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C.
- Sieve flour,cornflour and icing sugar.
- In a separate bowl add butter and mix it with chopped nuts and essence with the help of a fork.
- Mix the flour with butter 1 tbsp at a time.
- Mix well,add milk and knead it into dough.
- Grease a baking tray.
- Grease your hands,pinch small balls from the dough.
- Make round balls,flatten it a bit,and put an impression with the fork.
- Bake it for 30 minutes at 150 D C or until brown.
- Mine baked exactly in 30 minutes.
- Store it in airtight containers.