Coriander leaves is popularly known as Cilantro leaves in abroad.Coriander leaves has many health benefits and is one of my favourite green used in pulao,biryani, sandwich and often as a garnish.Garnish of coriander leaves not only enhances the beauty of the dish but also produces lovely aroma. So whenever there is excess coriander leaves remember to try this authentic Amchi style gojju.
Ingredients to be ground:
Jaggery-3-4 tbsp approx powdered(I make it little sweetish)
Roasted long chillies-3
Salt – to taste
Coriander leaves-handful,washed and stalk separated
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Curry leaves-1 sprig
- Grind all the ingredients mentioned above to a medium paste except coriander leaves.
- Don’t add too much of water.
- Lastly add coriander leaves and pulse it once or twice.
- Transfer it in a bowl,check for salt and sweetness and adjust the consistency.
- Heat oil,splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves.
- Season it to the chutney.
- Enjoy it with the main course as an accompaniment.
- You may also use it as a dip with starters or with the dosa.
- Refrigerate after an hour or two for further use.