Recipe from my Aunt :Mrs Neetha Nayak Sujir
Basmathi rice-1 cup
Fenugreek leaves/ methi leaves-2 cups,chopped roughly
Green peas- 1/2 cup(I used frozen)
Cashewnuts-1/4 cup,broken into bits
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder-1 tsp
Chilly powder-1 tsp or to taste
Coriander leaves-3 tbsp,chopped
Ghee or oil-2 tbsp approx
- Soak rice for 10 minutes.
- Wash the methi leaves well and chop it roughly.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker saute smashed garlic,cashewnuts and onion until translucent.
- Add methi leaves, and saute further until it shrinks.
- Add all the powders one by one,tomato,salt to taste,coriander leaves,frozen green peas and washed and drained rice.
- Take a boil,check salt and close the lid.
- Take exactly one whistle and off the flame.
- Once the pressure releases open the lid and mix it lightly.
- Serve it hot with raita.