Recipe adapted from:Mrs Nandini Kini of Kinis Kitchen
Urad dhal- 1 cup
Dosa rice-1/2 cup
Maida-1 1/2 cups
Salt- to taste
Cooking soda-1/4 tsp
Ghee- few tbsp to drizzle dosa
- Soak urad dhal and rice together for 5-6 hours.
- Wash it well,drain water and grind it finely using little water.
- Don’t make the batter thin.
- Ferment it overnight.
- Next morning dilute the maida,add it to the batter along with salt to taste,sugar and cooking soda and adjust the consistency.
- Heat tawa,spread thick dosa,drizzle ghee,close the lid.
- Open the lid after a minute,flip it on the opposite side and roast it until brown in colour.
- Serve it hot with chutney.