Wheat flour-1 cup
Rice flour-1 cup
Cumin seeds-1-2 tsp
Green chillies-3,chopped finely
Coriander leaves-3 tbsp,chopped finely
Curry leaves-2 sprigs,chopped finely
Salt- to taste
Water-4 cups approx
- Mix all the ingredients together adding water little by little.
- Make a thin watery batter.
- Heat tawa,lower the flame,clean it with a wet towel,drizzle oil and pour a ladle of batter all over the tawa.
- This dosa cannot be spread like other normal dosas.
- This dosa is similar to Neer dosa.
- Close the lid for few seconds.
- Open the lid,drizzle oil and flip it on the opposite side.
- Higher the flame,roast it well.
- Fold the dosa and serve it hot.
- This dosa needs to be prepared patiently as it takes time to roast.
- If it is done in a hurry the result will not be good.
- You may also pour a ladle of batter on the tawa and hold the handle of the tawa spread it in a circular motion.
- These dosa’s will look abstract,one may not get a round dosa.
- If you feel the batter is thick add water and vice versa.
- You may also add coconut gratings to the batter or the chopped coconut pieces.
- You may also add chopped ginger(1/4″) to the batter.
- You may also season the batter with mustard seeds(1tsp) and hing(pinch).
- Greasing the tawa is very important or else the dosa might stick to the pan.
- So don’t compromise on the usage of drizzling oil to the dosa and the tawa.
- Everytime you spread the dosa,mix the batter well,repeat it every time.
- Thinner the batter,crispier the dosa a little practice is required.