Recipe adapted from :Justindianfood
Bread slices -2
Butter – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
Green chutney -2 tbsp * Recipe given below
- Chop onions and tomatoes finely,transfer it in a bowl,add a pinch of salt and mix it well.
- Apply green chutney on one side of the bread.
- Spread the tomato onion mixture on the chutney applied side and keep it ready.
- Heat a pan and smear some butter.
- Break open the egg and sprinkle salt over the egg.
- Immediately place the stuffing side of the bread over the egg.
- Press it well with the spatula and cook for sometime.
- When it gets cooked,butter the top side.
- Once cooked turn it to the opposite side and roast it until brown in colour.
- Serve it hot with tomato sauce.
- I used a grill pan to roast the bread on the opposite side.(optional)
- You may use any green chutney.
Recipe for green chutney:
Recipe courtesy :Aparna Kamath
Coriander leaves- 1 cup(Use only leaves and tender stems)
Sugar- 1/2 tsp
Ginger- small piece
Lime juice- 2 tsp
- Wash the coriander leaves well.
- Grind all the ingredients using few teaspoons of water.
- Use it as required and store it in refrigerator for further use.
- You may prepare this chutney in advance and keep it in the fridge.
- You may use this chutney as a dip for dhoklas,pakodas or to prepare sandwiches.