Recipe adapted from : Easycooking
All purpose flour- 250 g / 2 cups
Baking powder- 1 tbsp
Baking soda- 1/2 tbsp
Butter- 150 g (Room temperature)
Sugar-150 g / 3/4 cup
Cocoa powder- 3 tbsp
Vanilla essence- 1 tsp
Milk – 150 ml / 3/4 cup (I used few tbsps more)
Choco chips – 50 g
Chocolate vermicelli – 2 tbsp approx to garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200 D C.
- Grease the muffin tray lightly and place the liners.
- Measure all the ingredients well and sieve maida,baking powder,baking soda and cocoa powder together.
- In a mixing bowl cream together softened butter and sugar together.
- Add in milk and sieved ingredients in 2-3 batches and mix it well using a spatula.
- Lastly add essence and choco chips and mix it.
- Fill in the muffin cups,garnish with choco vermecilli.
- Bake it in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Recipe calls for 200 D C,I baked at 160 D C.
- Adjust the settings accordingly.
- Bake it until springy and well risen.