Recipe adapted from : Niyas World
Ingredients for the batter:
Gram flour- 1 cup
Sooji /Rawa-1 1/2 tbsp
Water or curds- 3/4 cup
Eno fruit salt-1 tsp
Salt- 1/2 tsp
Sugar- 2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Lime juice -1/2 lime
Ingredients for the seasoning:
Mustard seeds-1 tsp
Cumin seeds/ jeera-1/2 tsp
Curry leaves-1 sprig,chopped
Hing/asafoetida powder-1/4 tsp
Lemon juice or water -2 tsp
Coriander leaves-3 tbsp chopped
Coconut- 2 tbsp,grated
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned under batter except eno fruit salt.
- Remove any lumps and mix it well.
- Keep the steamer ready and grease a thali with 1/2 tsp oil.
- Lastly add fruit salt to the batter,mix it well,the batter will turn frothy, immediately pour it in the greased thali/plate.
- Steam it for 10 minutes.
- Once done prepare the seasoning.
- Heat oil,splutter mustard seeds,add jeera,curry leaves,hing powder.
- Switch off the flame, add 2 tsp lemon juice or water and pour the seasoning over the Dhokla.
- Cool it for sometime and slice it into pieces.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves and grated coconut.
- You may also steam this in a pressure cooker.
- Serve it with Green chutney.