Recipe adapted from :Tarla Dalal
For Khaman Dhokla version 1 refer – here
For Khandvi version 1 refer – here
For Khandvi version 2 refer – here
Besan / Chickpea flour – 1 cup
Sugar- 3 tsp(I increased to 5 tsp approx)
Citric acid – 1/2 tsp
Rawa /Semolina – 1 1/2 tbsp
Water – a little less than 3/4 cup approx
Ginger- green chilly paste-1/2 tsp
Eno fruit salt- 1 1/2 tsp
Ingredients to temper :
Oil- 2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Sesame seeds -1/2 tsp
Green chillies-2 chopped finely
Hing – 1/4 tsp
Water- 2 tbsp
Ingredients to garnish:
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp,chopped finely
Grated coconut – 2 tbsp
- Grease a thali sufficient enough to pour the batter and keep it ready.
- Keep the steamer ready to heat.
- Sieve the besan for the better results.
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned under batter except ENo fruit salt.
- Don’t add all the water at once.
- Add water little at a time and mix it like a idli batter consistency.
- Lastly add eno fruit salt in the batter,add a tsp of water over the eno and mix it well.
- The batter will turn frothy and will look double the quantity.
- Immediately pour it in the greased thali and steam it for exactly 10 minutes not more or less than that.
- When the steaming is almost done,when it is around 9 minutes start the seasoning.
- For seasoning,heat oil,splutter mustard seeds,add til,chopped green chillies and fry it in simmer.
- Lastly add hing and switch off the flame.
- Season it to the Dhokla immedialtely.
- Add 2 tbsp water in the seasoning pan when still hot and pour the water all over Dhokla.
- Water is added so that it turns soft and doesn’t turn sticky.
- Once cooled slice it into square pieces.
- Serve it with green chutney.