Bombay suji-1 1/2 cups
Curds-1 1/2 cups or 1/2 l
Eno fruit salt- 1 1/2 tsp
Grated coconut- 3 tbsp + 2 tbsp to garnish
Ginger paste- 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
For saffron Dhokla:
Carrot-1,boiled and pureed
Chilly powder-1 tsp
For Green Dhokla:
Green chutney-1/2 cup(refer here)
I have also added blanched palak puree in the green chutney.
Ingredients for the seasoning:
Mustard seeds-1 tbsp
Sesame seeds-1 tbsp
- Grease 3 small equal sized small bottomed pans.
- I have used dhokla thalis which comes with a stand.
- Whip the curds well with salt.
- Add bombay suji,mix it well and keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- Divide the mixture equally into 3 parts in 3 different bowls.
- Use 3 separate spatula to mix the 3 flavors.
For the saffron layer:Mix carrot and tomato puree,chilly powder and whisk it.
For the white layer: Mix 3 tbsp grated coconut and ginger paste.
For the green layer:Mix green chutney.
- Grease all the 3 plates with a tsp of oil.
- Adjust salt in all 3 layers.
- You may add more curds or water to adjust the consistency of the batter.
- Once the water starts to boil in the steamer add 1/2 tsp Eno fruit salt in all the 3 batter.
- Transfer the batter in the greased plate,stack the pans in the steamer and steam it for 15 minutes.
- Once done,cool it for 5-6 minutes uncovered.
- Now prepare the seasoning,heat oil, splutter mustard seeds,add sesame seeds and hing,off the flame and keep it ready.
- Loosen the sides of the all the 3 dhokla .
- To assemble first invert the green layer carefully on a serving plate.
- Spread some seasoning all over.
- Next invert the white layer over the green layer.
- Spread grated coconut all over.
- Finally invert the saffron layer over the white layer.
- Spread the remaining seasoning evenly.
- You may also add chopped green chillies and chilly powder in the seasoning.
- You may also garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- You may also spread Mint chutney in between the layers.
- Cut into slices and serve with Green chutney.