Recipe adapted from : Tickling palates
Sugar (powdered)- 1/2 cup
Butter- 1/2 cup
Tutti fruiti – 1/4 cup
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Sieve maida and keep it ready.
- Cream sugar powder and butter together.
- Add flour little by little and mix it well.
- Add tutti fruity and essence and make a soft dough.
- Add extra few tsp’s of flour if the dough is sticky or milk if its dry.
- Roll the dough into a log,(I made 2 logs).
- Roll it in a butter paper or plastic(I used aluminium foil).
- Refrigerate it overnight or for an hour in the freezer.
- Once set,remove the foil and slice it using a sharp knife.
- Meanwhile pre-heat the oven for 10 minutes at 160 d c.
- Arrange the slices in a baking tray keeping space in between.
- Bake it in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Hot cookies will be little soft.
- Once cooled the cookies will turn crisp.
- Store it in an airtight container.