Dosa rice-1 cup
Urad dal -1 tbsp
Methi seeds/Fenugreek seeds -1/4 tsp
Cooked rice-1 cup
Yeast – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Sugar- 1/2 tsp
- Soak dosa rice,urad dal,methi seeds for 2 -3 hours.
- Grind it along with cooked rice and water.
- Make a thick batter.
- Add yeast overnight and ferment it overnight.
- Next morning add salt to taste,sugar and adjust the consistency of the batter by adding little water.
- Heat a appam tawa or Kadai.
- Pour a ladle of batter in the centre of the pan,twirl it in a circular motion,drizzle oil and close the lid.
- Cook it on low flame for a minute,open the lid,higher the flame,the dosa will leave the sides.
- No flipping on the opposite side to roast,remove it from the tawa.
- Serve it hot with chutney or any gravy.