Idli Rawa-2 cups
Grated coconut-1 cup
Grated cucumber-2 cups
Salt- to taste
Jaggery -3 tbsp(optional)
- Wash the idli rawa,drain the water and keep it aside.
- Make a paste of ginger and green chillies coarsely without adding water.
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned above together.
- Meanwhile grease the idli moulds with oil and keep the steamer on flame.
- Add a ladle of batter in the mould.
- Steam the idli for 15 minutes.
- Serve it hot with homemade butter or pickle.
- You may garnish the batter with a piece turmeric leaf while steaming the idli.
- Use the cucumber water to mix the batter as it enhances the flavour.
- You may also steam it in plantain leaf.
- You may also line the turmeric leaves in the idli mould,add the batter over it and then steam it.
- You may also soak rice for 3 hours,drain water and coarse grind it like rawa and use instead of idli rawa.
- Amma’s suggestion is to add chopped green chillies instead of grinding it for a better taste.