Sheera is best had as a combination with puri or with Upma.You may have this as a breakfast or as a dessert.Or have it anytime just like that.I adapted this recipe from Jaya.V.Shenoy’s cookbook.I refer her recipe book for most of the Amchi recipes and it gives a good result.
Once again I thank all my readers and well wishers A big heartfelt thank you.Please continue supporting…
Medium rawa- 1 cup
Ghee -1/2 cup
Elaichi powder- 1/4 tsp
Saffron -a pinch or yellow food colour
- Boil 2 cups of water and keep it ready.
- Roast raisins and cashewnuts in a tsp of ghee until light brown and keep it ready.
- Roast rawa in ghee in a thick kadai.
- Add the boiling water turn over till the rava becomes soft.
- Add sugar and continue turning over for another few minutes.
- Add saffron soaked in milk or yellow colour,elaichi powder and mix it.
- Lastly garnish with roasted nuts and raisins.