Recipe adapted from : Suchitra from Zee Kannada cookery show
Chicken -1/2 kg
Tomato – 3,chopped
Green chilly – 7-8
Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
Curds – 2 tbsp
Chilly powder – 2 tsp
Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander leaves -1/2 cup,chopped +2 tbsp to garnish
Saunf /Badeshep/fennel seeds – 1/4 tsp
Oil – 3 tbsp
For Andhra powder:
Cinnamon – 1/2 “
Cloves – 2
Coriander seeds -1 tbsp
Khus Khus – 1 tsp
- Marinate the chicken with curds, 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste(smashed in mortar and pestle),Coriander leaves, 1 sprig curry leaves,chilly powder for 20 minutes.
- Dry roast all the ingredients mentioned under the ‘For Andhra powder’ and powder it coarsely.
- Heat oil in a pan,add saunf seeds,onions and saute it until brown in colour.
- Add chopped tomato,remaining ginger garlic paste(smashed in mortar and pestle).
- Add green chillies,marinated chicken and saute it well.
- Close the vessel with a lid and cook the chicken until done.
- Once cooked add the Andhra powder as much as needed and pepper powder.
- Lastly garnish with curry leaves and coriander leaves.