Black gram dal(urad dal)-1 cup
Idli rawa-2 cups(I use Nilgiris brand)
Salt- to taste
Water-as much needed to grind the batter
- Soak urad dal for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Next day wash it thoroughly and grind it in an electric grinder or blender until fluffy.
- Wash the idli rawa,drain the water if any and mix it with the ground urad dal and beat it well with a ladle and ferment it overnight or 7-8 hours.
- Next morning add salt to taste,water if needed and beat the batter well.
- Keep the batter medium thick,don’t make it too thin nor thick.
- Grease the Bullet idli stand with oil,use a tsp of batter in the depression and steam it for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes switch off the flame,open the lid and take out the cooked idli.
- Wait for 5-6 minutes and scoop the baby idli with the spoon carefully.
- Serve it hot with rasam or sambhar.