Recipe adapted from : veg recipes of India
Mangoes -2,medium sized
Fresh cream -1 1/2 cups
Milk – 1 cup
Agar agar strands – 4 tsp or 1 1/2 tsp powder
Sugar -1/2 cup
Water – 2/3 cup (10 tbsp + 2 tsp )
Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp
- Chop agar agar strands and soak it in 2/3 cup water for 15 minutes.
- Puree mango and keep it ready.
- Mix milk,cream and sugar in a saucepan and keep it on low flame.
- Stir it with a wire whisk.
- Take a gentle boil.
- Switch off the flame.
- Meanwhile dissolve agar agar on flame.
- Mix it in the milk mixture.
- When the whole mixture cool little bit add 11/2 cups mango puree and essence.
- Mix it well.
- Pour the mixture in serving bowls,cover it with foil and refrigerate for 5-6 hours.
- While serving top it with chopped mango pieces.