Soaked Sabudana /Tapioca pearls – 2 cups,soaked*see notes
Rice flour – 1/2 cup
Curds -1 cup
Potato – 3,boiled and mashed
Green chillies -4 or more,minced
Roasted peanuts -3/4 cup,coarsely powdered
Cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
Sugar -1 tbsp
Curry leaves -1 sprig, chopped
Coriander leaves -few,chopped
Salt – to taste
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned under the list and form a thick batter.
- Heat a nonstick tawa, and place a clean plastic sheet on a clean platform.
- Take a fistful of batter,place it in the centre of the sheet and flatten it with your fingers and try to give a round shape.
- The shape may be abstract,it is absolutely fine.
- For doing this you may dip your fingers in water and start working.
- Turn it onto the tawa,remove the plastic sheet immediately.
- Cook it on slow flame by smearing oil all over.
- Flip the thalipeeth on the opposite side and cook it.
- Serve it hot.
- Soak the sabudana in enough water for 2 hours.
- Keep checking after an hour if it ready.
- To test if it is ready take a pearl between your thumb and index finger and press it.
- If it is mashed without any effort and if it is soft without any any hardness on the pearl,it is ready.
- Drain it in a colander for an hour.
- Transfer it in a container and refrigerate it overnight for better results.
- If you are preparing it for morning breakfast do this procedure previous night itself.
- If you are preparing for evening snack then do this procedure in the morning.
- Same procedure is followed while preparing sabudana kichdi and sabudana vada.
- Once you spread the thalipeeth on tawa you may also make a depression in the centre of the dosa and smear it with ghee and then flip it.
- You may also use a greased aluminium sheet instead of plastic sheet.
- You may make depression to the thalipeeth before spreading in the tawa.