Recipe adapted from : Niyas World
Garlic – 6cloves
Chilly powder -1/2 tsp
Haldi powder – 2 pinches
Salt -3/4 tsp
Oil -2 tsp
Ingredients for the seasoning:
Oil -1 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
Curry leaves-1 sprig
- Heat oil in a pan and fry garlic and onions until pink in colour.
- Add chilly powder and haldi powder and saute for a second on low flame,
- Add chopped tomatoes,add salt,close the lid and cook until tomatoes get cooked.
- Do not add water.
- Once it thickens ,off the flame and cool it.
- Transfer it in a blender and blend it to a paste.
- Heat oil for seasoning,splutter mustard seeds,add cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Season it to the chutney.
- Serve it with dosa,idli or the main course.