This is a quick and tasty dish which can be relished either with biryani rice,steamed rice,ghee rice or roti.I partly adapted the recipe from the zee kannada cookery show and believe me this came out fingerlicking good.I forgot to add garam masala powder in the final stage despite that it tasted fantastic.I prepared ghee rice as a combination which complimented well.Adjust green chillies and chilly powder according to your taste.Mine became medium spicy since we prefer spicy.This is one of the easy peasy recipe.
Chicken – 1 kg
Ginger garlic paste -2 tbsp
Green chillies -3-4,chopped
Pudina /Mint leaves -1 cup chopped
Coriander leaves -1 cup,chopped
Kashmiri chilly powder -1 tsp
Coriander powder -2 tsp
Cumin powder -1/4 tsp
Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder -2 tsp (I forgot to add)
Salt – to taste
Ghee -3 tbsp
Oil -2 tbsp
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan,add onions and saute it until light golden in colour.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell disappears.
- Add green chillies,mint and coriander leaves.
- Add chilly powder,coriander powder,cumin powder,turmeric powder and tomatoes.
- Add chicken and salt to taste( 2 tsp approx).
- Close the pan with a lid and cook in low flame.
- I have not added water,add water only if it looks dry.
- Once cooked add garam masala powder and mix it well.
- Serve it hot.