Onions -6,cut lengthwise
Coconut – 1 1/2 cups
Green chilly 4,slit into 2
Curry leaves -2 sprigs
Mustard seeds -1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds -1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves -3 tbsp,chopped
Oil -2 tbsp
Salt – to taste
- Grind grated coconut,garlic and cumin seeds to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan,splutter mustard seeds,add curry leaves and green chilly.
- Saute it for few seconds,add onions and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes,salt to taste and 2 cups water approx.
- Add ground masala and take a boil adjusting the consistency by adding the water if required.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve it hot with chapathi.