Ingredients for the potato cheese balls:
Boiled potatoes -2,mashed
Boiled American sweetcorn kernel -1 cup
Chopped coriander leaves – 2 tbsp
Garlic paste – a small pinch
Chilly flakes -1/2 tsp or to taste
Capsicum -1/4 cup,chopped finely
Crushed oregano – a pinch
Cheese cubes(I used processed) -3,grated
Cornflour – 2 tbsp
For the outer batter:
Maida – 1/2 cup
Water – as much needed to make the batter
Salt – a pinch
For outer coating:
Maida /flour – few tbsp
Breadcrumbs – 1 cup ( or powder 3 slices of bread)
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned under the ‘potato cheese balls’ .
- Make small bite sized balls and keep it ready.
- Add water to the maida and make a medium thick batter .
- Keep it ready.
How to proceed:
- Dip the potato cheese balls in plain maida and coat it well.
- Dip it in the maida batter .
- Coat it again in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil and deep fry it in medium flame until light golden brown.
- Serve it hot with tomato sauce and green chutney.
- First make the balls of all the dough and keep it ready.
- Secondly coat all the balls in plain flour/maida and keep it ready.
- Thirdly dip the coated balls in maida batter using two spoons to avoid mess.
- You may also use hands to dip.
- Arrange it in a plate.
- Now with the clean hand, coat it well in breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry in medium flame to avoid burning.
- Since breadcrumbs are coated the chances of burning is more so be cautious.(personal experience) .
- You may prepare until step 6 and refrigerate it until use and deep fry as and when required.
- I tried frying few balls without dipping in maida batter but coated with dry ingredients,despite that it became soggy.
- So follow all the steps mentioned to get a good result.