Recipe adapted from : justindianfood.com
Basmathi rice – 1 cup (I used India Gate)
Water -2 cups
Palak /spinach puree – 1 cup
Garlic -10,chopped in garlic press
Green chillies -3,chopped finely
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam masala powder -1/2 tsp
Kitchen king masala powder -1tsp(optional)
Paneer -5-6 cubes,crumbled
Cashewnuts -handful,roasted in ghee separately
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Oil -2 tbsp
Oil/ghee -1/2 tsp
Garlic -5,chopped finely
- Prepare rice in an electric cooker with salt to taste and ghee.
- You may also cook it directly on stove or in a pressure cooker for 1 whistle.
- Take a pan,heat oil and saute onions until translucent.
- Add chopped garlic,green chillies and fry until raw smell disappears.
- Add all the powders,tomatoes and cook till tomatoes turns pulpy.
- Add palak puree and saute well until dry.
- Add rice,paneer and salt to taste.
- Mix it well.
- Lastly saute garlic in ghee or oil separately until light brown.
- Garnish it to the chawal along with the roasted cashewnuts.
- Serve it hot.