Khamang Kakdi is a popular Maharastrian salad and again a Maharastrian recipe in space.Kakdi means cucumber.This is a very simple tempered salad with peanuts as the main ingredient.Those who are allergic to peanuts may ignore it and temper with chana dal along with the other ingredients..I adapted this recipe from Sanjeev Kapoor’s site/book.
Cucumber – 2-3 small
Roasted and peeled groundnuts- 1/2 cup
Grated coconut -1/3 cup
Green chillies -3,chopped
Coriander leaves -2 tbsp,chopped
Salt – to taste
Sugar – a pinch
Lime juice -1/2 tsp
Ghee – 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds -1/4 tsp
- Wash,peel and chop the cucumber to small pieces.
- Coarsely grind the roasted peanuts.
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned under ‘ingredients’ .
- Heat ghee,splutter mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Add 1 tsp chana dal in the seasoning if you are ignoring groundnut.(optional).
- Temper it to the salad.
- Serve it with the main course.