When it comes to biryani I equally love to eat as much as I love to prepare .I never get fed up of trying new and interesting biryani recipes.I had tried this recipe from Kudpi maam’s blog sometime back.Its been such a long time that I have been inactive in blogging as the blog technical work is still under process and I am still taking time to get adjusted to the new atmosphere.I have lot of recipes to share with you all dear readers which I will do in the coming days.Plus I am also busy with my new baking venture …For any biryani I follow my own method of preparing biryani rice that is with the electric cooker .You may follow your method which you are comfortable with.
Recipe adapted from : Kudpirajsgaramtawa
Ingredients for the rice:
Basmathi rice – 1 cup
Water – 2 cups
Ghee – 3 tbsp or more
Cinnamon -1/2 ”
Saffron – few strands soaked in few tsp of milk
Ingredients for the gravy:
Mushroom – 200 g
Curds -200 ml
Ginger paste -1 tsp
Garlic – 1tsp
Cumin powder -1/2 tsp
Coriander powder -1 tsp
Garam masala powder -1tsp
Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
Red chilly powder -1 tsp
Fresh cream -50 ml
Salt – to taste
Ingredients for the garnish:
Onions -2,sliced and deep fried
Mint leaves – handful,chopped
Coriander leaves – handful,chopped
Cashewnuts and raisins – handful,roasted in a tbsp of ghee
Kewra essence – few drops(optional)
Rose water – few drops( optional)
Method for the rice:
- Take an electric cooker,grease the base with a tsp of ghee.
- Soak the rice for 10 minutes,drain it well.
- Add the rice,whole spices,ginger,garlic.,salt to taste and water.
- Once it starts boiling add saffron milk.
- Add the remaining ghee.
- Cook the rice until done.
- Cool it and separate the grains with a fork.
- You may prepare the rice in the pressure cooker or stove method.
Method for the gravy:
- Marinate sliced mushroom with ginger,garlic paste and all the powders along with curds.
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan.
- Saute onions until translucent.
- Add chopped tomato and garam masala powder.
- Add marinated mushrooms.
- Add salt to taste.
- Cook it in high flame until it gets cooked.
- Make the gravy thick .
- Keep it ready.
How to proceed:
- Take a borosil bowl,add 1 layer of rice.
- Add a layer of gravy.
- Add chopped mint and coriander leaves.
- Add fried onions,rose water and essence.
- Repeat the procedure with final layer as rice.
- Garnish with dry fruits,fried onions,coriander leaves, mint leaves,rose water and essence.
- Cover it with a cling film.
- Microwave for 5-6 minutes
- Serve it hot.