G.S.B ‘s love ‘polo’ (Dosa) for breakfast . Dosa’s makes a very filling breakfast . I keep hunting for interesting dosa recipe’s and whenever I find one I don’t miss a chance to try it out . It makes a great tiffin recipe too . Best goes with coconut chutney . This time I adapted the recipe from Shobhana Aunty’s blog .
Recipe adapted from : Cookingwithshobhana
Dosa rice -1 cup
Urad Dal ( Split black gram ) – 1/4 cup
Moong Dal (Split green gram ) – 1 tbsp
Chana Dal (Split chick pea ) – 1 tbsp
Tur dal (split pigeon pea ) – 1 tbsp
Methi seeds ( fenugreek seeds ) – 1 tsp
Poha ( beaten rice ) – 1/2 cup
Oil – as much needed to smear dosa
Salt – to taste
- Soak all the dal along with rice and methi seeds for 5 -6 hours .
- Wash it well and grind it with separately soaked poha .
- Ferment it overnight .
- Next morning add salt to taste and adjust the consistency of the batter .
- Heat a tawa and spread a ladle of batter as thin as possible.
- Smear it with oil .
- Once it gets cooked and leaves the sides flip it to the opposite side .
- Roast it until crisp .
- Serve it hot with chutney .