I had prepared this dish long back and the post was lying in the draft from quite a while since I had to transfer the pictures from the camera . My camera is acting funny past few days and the quality is not so good as expected these days . Another reason is night shot . Please excuse for the same . Coming back to the recipe I adapted this recipe from Zee Kannada cookery show . The dish looked so inviting I could not resist myself to try it to the earliest . Luckily I had prawns in stock and prepared the dish for dinner . The original recipe called for more oil , however I reduced the quantity , you may adjust as per your needs . Addition of onion might give still better taste which I will add next time when I prepare . We all loved the dish to the core . This recipe is a keeper .
Ingredients for the marinade:
Prawns -25 ,tiger prawns or medium prawns (35-40)
Chilly powder – 3 tsp
Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
Ginger garlic paste -2 tsp
Roasted cumin seeds powder -1 tsp
Lime -1, juice
Tamarind pulp -2 tsp
Salt – t0 taste
Curry leaves -6-7 sprigs or handful or more ( I added 2 fistful )
Oil – 3 tbsp approx
Garlic -15 , finely chopped (I used the garlic press)
- Marinate the prawns with the ingredients mentioned in the list for an hour or overnight .
- Heat oil in pan and roast the curry leaves,transfer it in a bowl and keep it ready .
- In the same oil roast cashews,transfer it in a small bowl and keep it ready.
- Again in the same oil add the marinated prawns,mix it well .
- Add finely chopped garlic to the prawns .
- Keep it on high flame and keep adjusting the flame as required .
- Crush 3/4th of the roasted curry leaves and add it to the prawns .
- Add few cashews and cook the prawns until done .
- Cook until the oil leaves the sides and it becomes dry .
- Lastly add the reserved curry leaves and cashewnuts .
- Serve it hot .