This is one of the most tastiest Noodle basket I have ever tasted . A very easy preparation which can be prepared easily . I have used broccoli , bean sprouts , baby carrots as I had in hand when I prepared it , but you may prepare this with the veggies you have . You may also add colored capsicum to make it colorful and tasty .
Recipe adapted from : Tarla Dalal
Ingredients for the noodles basket :
Half cooked Noodles – 2 cups
Cornflour – 2 tsp
Salt – to taste
For the stuffing :
Onion – 1 ,sliced
Broccoli – 5-6 florets
Baby carrots – 7 ,8
Garlic – 1 tbsp, chopped finely
Green chilly -1 , chopped
Iceberg lettuce or cabbage – 1/4 cup
Mushroom – 200 g , sliced
Sprouted bean sprouts – 1/4 cup (optional )
Spring onions – 1/2 cup ,chopped
Soya sauce – 1 tsp
Cornflour – 1 tbsp , dissolved in 2 tbsp water
Salt – to taste
Method to make noodle basket :
- Spread the noodles on a kitchen towel and dab them lightly to absorb all the moisture.
- Sprinkle cornflour and salt on the noodles and toss lightly.
- Divide them into equal portions and place one portion of the noodles in a strainer in a single layer to make a basket.
- Heat the oil, hold the noodles in the strainer on top and pour the hot oil in the strainer, using a ladle, to fry the basket.
- Keep pouring the oil on all sides until the noodles are golden brown.
- Remove carefully from the strainer and place on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Repeat with remaining noodles to make more baskets.
- Keep aside.
Method for the stuffing:
- Heat the oil in a wok on a high flame, add the garlic and green chillies and sauté for a minute.
- Add all the vegetables, except the lettuce , and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
- If using cabbage blanch it and keep it aside .
- Blanch Broccoli and keep it ready .
- Lower the flame, add the salt, soya sauce, cornflour mixture and ¼ cup of water and simmer till the vegetables are half cooked and until it becomes dry .
- Lastly add bean sprouts ,spring onion greens , blanched broccoli , take a small boil and mix it well .
- Put ¼th of the shredded lettuce or cabbage in each noodle basket and top with ¼th of the stuffing.
- Serve immediately.