Hello dear readers ! I ‘m back after a long hiatus . Summer holidays are on and I’m making full use of it spending time with family .Though I have many posts to share , today I’m going to share a Maharastrian dish which is one of my favourite cuisine . I had prepared this sometime back and enjoyed it very much . Baigan means Brinjal . This dish goes well with Indian bread ,roti or chapathi and with the rice too .
Recipe credit : Santoshi Nayak
Original recipe : Nayana Prabhu
Brinjal /Baigan – 3
Peanuts – 1 /4 cup
Coconuts – 1/4 cup
Red chilly powder – 2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Onions – 2 , sliced
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Tamarind pulp – 2 tbsp
Jaggery – 1 tbsp
Coriander leaves – 2 sprigs chopped
Oil – 3 tbsp + as much needed to deep fry
Curry leaves – 2 sprig
Salt – to taste
- Cut the brinjal into finger shaped pieces .
- Wash it and remove all the excess water with a clean kitchen towel .
- Heat oil and deep fry it .
- Keep it ready .
- Roast the peanuts , remove the skin and coarsely powder it .
- Coarsely grind coconut and all the spice powder .
- Heat 3 tbsp oil , add curry leaves and saute onions until translucent .
- Add the spice powder ,fried baigan ,tamarind pulp , jaggery and salt to taste .
- Add little water and cook the masala for few minutes .
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves .