I learn’t to prepare this dish from my mother in law and is one of the memorable dish to me . This is also one of the tastiest and healthiest dish and an easy peasy one . Whenever there is excess buttermilk this can be prepared in a jiffy . You may also dilute curds ,whip and prepare this . We may temper this kadi with mustard seeds , curry leaves , red chillies and hing or ajwain seeds or with garlic and red chillies . My daughter likes this very much since she is a buttermilk lover . This is very good for digestion . I like to have it piping hot in a glass .Goes well with rice too .
Buttermilk – 3 cups approx
Besan / Chickpea flour – 1 tbsp
To temper :
Oil or ghee – 2 tsp
Garlic – 4 , 5 crushed with the skin
Red chillies – 2 , broken
Salt – to taste
- Mix besan and salt to taste with the buttermilk .
- You may also add little water to dilute it .
- Take a boil .
- If it turns too thick add more water or add besan if it is too thin .
- Season it with garlic and red chillies .
- You may add a pinch of turmeric powder while seasoning it .
- Serve it hot .