I had prepared this curry last month on my daughter Sanju’s birthday . This curry tasted good as simple as it was to cook . I paired the curry with white rice and chicken biryani which my mama (uncle) had shared with us from his factory function catered by ‘Pai caterers ‘ . So it was a grand feast for us . We had also prepared other dishes for the celebration .
Summer vacation is almost coming to an end and the cat race will start soon again . Past two months had turned me so lazy and there were never ending family functions which we feasted to the core . So cooking at home was minimum . I will try to share the recipes whenever possible . So until then stay tuned for more recipes !
Recipe adapted from : Niyas World
Chicken – 1 kg
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
Onion – 1 sliced
Oil – 2 tbsp
Fresh cream – 3 tbsp
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp , chopped
Ingredients for the onion paste :
Oil – 2 tbsp
Onions – 2 , sliced
Ingredients for the spice paste :
Chilly powder – 2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 1 /4 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 /2 tsp
Water – 2 tbsp approx or more
Method for fried onion paste:
- Heat 2 tbsp oil and fry onions until red in colour .
- Cool and make a paste .
Method for the spice mix :
- Mix all the spice powders with little water and make a paste .
Method for the curry :
- Puree tomatoes and keep it ready .
- Heat the remaining oil and saute onions .
- Add fried onion paste and ginger garlic paste .
- Saute until raw smell disappears .
- Add spice mix .
- Add tomato puree and saute for sometime .
- Add chicken and salt to taste .
- Add little water if it looks dry .
- Cook the chicken until done .
- I pressure cooked for 1 whistle and lowered the flame for 5 minutes .
- Once done add cream , chicken masala powder .
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves .