We , G.S.B ‘s often prepare ‘ Vali Ambat ‘ or ‘sukkale sungat ani vali ambat ‘ / dry prawns and spinach curry . Sometime back Amma had prepared vali ambat adding fresh prawns and once she prepared vali ambat with a combination of dried prawns and fresh shrimps . It tasted out of the world . And I had to share it in the space . Traditionally we don’t prepare spinach curry adding shrimps . Amma had some leftover fresh shrimps and dried prawns and thus she prepared it . For ‘vali Ambat’ refer here . For spinach I used organic Indian spinach which grew in my Amma’ s garden . And that added the extra punch .
Baking is my passion and today I prepared baked nachos which tasted heaven . I never get tired to try baked dishes . It releases whole lot of stress to tell you’ ll frankly . I have endless collection of bookmarked recipe’s . I will try one by one whenever possible and will share it in the space . Stay tuned until then !
Recipe courtesy : Amma
Vali(Indian spinach) – 3 cups of leaves and 1 cup of stem,chopped
Tur dal- 2 tbsp
Salt -to taste
Onion-1 chopped finely
Onion-1,chopped finely to season
Ingredients for the masala:
Short red chillies-3(roasted in a tsp of oil)
Long red chillies-3(roasted in a tsp of oil)
Tamarind- marble sized
- Cook the spinach in a vessel adding little water just until it soaks.
- Add salt, chopped onion to the cooked spinach, take a boil and keep it aside.
- Grind all the masala ingredients to a fine paste adding water .
- Add the masala to the cooked spinach,add cooked tur dal and take a boil.
- Heat oil in a tadka pan and fry the onions until reddish brown in colour.
- Season it to the curry and close the lid immediately.
- You may also season the curry with mustard seeds(1 tsp) and curry leaves(few) instead of onion.
- Serve it hot with rice.
Pictorial presentation :