Hello dear readers ! Today I’m going to share a quick recipe which one can prepare as the breakfast or as a snack for the instant hunger . Vermicelli pulav has been my favourite since years and is also one of the favourite snack of my daughter Sanju . This is my own recipe and I prepare with different variations each time I prepare it to suit our eating moods . I will mention the variations under the notes below .
Vermicelli – 2 cups ,roasted (Anil Brand )
Oil or ghee – 2-3 tbsp
Onion – 1 ,sliced
Capsicum – 1 ,sliced
Green chilly – 2 , sliced
Garlic – 2 ,peeled and crushed
Turmeric powder – 1 /4 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
Salt – to taste
Coriander leaves – few ,chopped
- Heat oil or ghee in a pan and saute crushed garlic .
- Add onion ,capsicum and saute until translucent .
- Add turmeric powder and garam masala powder .
- Add vermicelli and green chillies .
- Add water just until vermicelli soaks and salt to taste .
- Keep stirring and lower the flame for 3 -4 minutes .
- Cook until done .
- Garnish with coriander leaves .
My notes :
- For variations you may add tomato with capsicum .
- You may also add mixed vegetables .
- You may add curry leaves to give a South Indian touch .
- You may add few cashewnuts .
- You may add Maggie magic masala instead of garam masala powder .
- Lastly you may do variations as per your choice .