Garlic is one of my favourite flavour . I just love its taste and aroma . It has many health benefits too . And when it pairs with palak it is power packed with healthy nutrients . Today someone asked me what food I dislike . And I burst out laughing . After all I’m a foodie and a food blogger . Coming back to the recipe I adapted this recipe from Santoshi . I had tasted this at Amma’s place and I had to share the recipe in the space . Below here I have used Moong dal but you may pair it with split masoor dal too . Stay tuned for more interesting recipes !!!
Recipe adapted from : Santoshi Nayak
Palak / Spinach – 1 bunch ,washed and chopped roughly
Moong Dal / Split green gram – 1 cup ,washed
Onion – 1 ,chopped
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Chopped garlic – 2 tbsp ,chopped finely
Crushed garlic with skin – 5 – 6
Red chillies – 2 -3 broken
Oil – 2 tbsp
Ghee – 1tsp
Chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
- In a pan heat oil , saute crushed garlic and red chillies .
- Add chopped onion and saute for a minute .
- Add washed moong dal and little water .
- Cook it until three fourth done .
- Add chopped palak , haldi powder ,salt to taste and cook it until done .
- Heat ghee and saute chopped garlic until it gets roasted .
- Switch off the flame and add chilly powder .
- Season it to the dal .