Hello dear readers ! Today I’m going to share my first recipe under ‘ Thai ‘ category . Thai cuisine are very tasty as it is spicy which suits our Indian taste buds and coconut milk based . This recipe tastes similar like Singapore fried rice of ‘Trishna’ restaurant in Mangalore . Singapore fried rice is one of my favourite dish at ‘Trishna’ .The extra ingredients added to it are few pineapple chunks , cherries , noodles and roasted cashewnuts .Tastewise both ,Thai fried rice and Singapore fried rice tastes the same . The special ingredient in this dish are ‘Madras Curry Powder ‘ and lemon grass . We have organic lemon grass at our kitchen garden so I took full advantage of it . I bought Madras curry powder from Nilgiris , one of my favourite store in Mangalore .
Coming back to the recipe , my sister Durga shared this recipe with me . She has this habit of sharing her beautiful and tempting platter of hers during our wats app chat and I immediately requested her for this recipe and prepared it to the earliest . Sharing interesting, tested and successful recipes in the space is my passion .. Until then stay tuned for more interesting recipes !
Recipe adapted from : Durga Nayak Shenoy
Basmathi rice – 1 .5 cups
Coconut milk – 1 cup
Carrot – 1 , julienned
Beans – 4 , julienned
Onion – 1 , sliced
Garlic – 5 – 6 , minced
Capsicum – 1 , julienned
Madras curry powder – 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Green chilly – 3 , cut diagonally
Peppercorn – 7 – 8 , crushed
Honey – 1tsp
Salt – to taste
Butter – 2 tbsp
Oil or butter – 2 tbsp
Brown sugar – 1/2 tsp ( optional)
Lemon grass – 2 stalks
Spring onion – 2 sprigs , chopped
Lime – 1
Water – 2 cups
- Wash rice , drain water , cook rice in a rice cooker along with salt to taste, 2 tbsp butter , madras curry powder ,turmeric powder , water and coconut milk .
- Once rice is cooked , separate the granules carefully , cool it and keep it aside .
- Heat butter or oil in a wok , add minced garlic and saute it .
- Add onion , carrot , beans and saute for a minute .
- Add capsicum and saute for half a minute .
- Add cooked rice , green chillies, crushed pepper powder , honey , salt if required , sugar , honey, lemon grass and spring onion .
- Sprinkle lime juice .
- Stir it in high flame for few minutes and serve it hot .
My notes :
- I like the vegetables to be crunchy so I don’t overcook it .
- You may use colored capsicums too.
- You may use vegetables of your choice and availability .
- Original recipe calls for snow peas , so you may add it if is available at your place .
- You may use fresh extracted coconut milk or store bought .
- You may also add sauteed chicken or prawns .
- You may also cook the rice in pan until it cooks .