Hello dear readers ! I’m back after a short break . Just today my technical issue got fixed and I thought of sharing an interesting recipe to make a start . But the frequent power cuts is turning me crazy .Coming back to this recipe I tried it sometime back and it came out excellent . Procedure may look lengthy but trust me it is very easy . You may also skip the base and the ring procedure and prepare directly but making this way looks appealing . The leftover cuttings of the bread can be turned into bread crumbs or can be turned into bread upkari . This makes a great evening snack, high tea snack or a kids party snack . Filling can be made of your choice .
I adapted this recipe from my friend Pallavi Patil which she had shared with us the pictures and the recipe link in our school food group named ‘Ladyhill Masterchefs’ which belongs to our school batch . The very first sight tempted me to try this beautiful dish … Stay tuned for more interesting recipes !
Recipe adapted from : Pallavi Patil
Original recipe : Rajashree foods
Recipe by : Ruchi Bharani
Bread – 1 packet
Tomatoes – 1 , finely chopped
Butter – 1 tbsp
Capsicum – 1 , finely chopped
Onion – 1 , finely chopped
Paneer – 50 g crumbled
Oregano – 1 tbsp
Tomato sauce – 2 1/2 tbsp
Pepper – 1 tsp
Cheese – 4 tbsp
Coriander leaves – 2 tbsp , chopped
For the filling :
- Take a tomato , cut it into half, remove the seeds and chop it finely .
- Squeeze the water and add the tomatoes in a bowl .
- Add chopped capsicum ,onion, crumbled cottage cheese,half the grated cheese and coriander leaves.
- Add salt to taste , 1 1/2 tbsp tomato sauce ,pepper powder and oregano .
- Mix everything together and keep it ready .
For the dip :
- Mix the remaining tomato sauce ,some grated cheese and melted butter together .
How to prepare base and rings :
- For the base take a slice of bread and cut it with a big round cookie cutter or a lid .
- Repeat this procedure with all the slices .
- Base is ready .
- Now divide the base equally .
- Keep the first set aside for the base .
- Second set will be used for rings .
- Take one more lid or cookie cutter ,a size smaller than the first cutter and cut it into roundels.
- Reserve the roundels separately .
- We are using only the outer frame which are called as rings .
- Rings are ready .
How to proceed :
- Spread the dip on the base covering the sides well.
- Place the ring on top and press it slightly .
- In the centre of the ring add the filling till the level of the bread .
- Garnish with some grated cheese if you want .
- Bake it in a preheated oven for 5 – 7 minutes at 180 d .c until it browns .
- With the remaining small discs which you reserved repeat the same procedure without the ring .
- Serve it hot .
Pictorial presentation :