This burfi is the first sweet I prepared for this Diwali . The minute I came across this sweet in Raks Kitchen I prepared it immediately . I made two batches of the same.The first batch was slightly grainy in texture because the grated coconut was little coarse and I feel I overcooked tad bit . For the second batch I slightly ground the coconut for few spurts . But both the batches were superhit . Very easy to prepare and the recipe is a keeper . Happy Diwali in advance dear readers !
Recipe adapted from : Raks Kitchen
Carrot – 1 cup , finely grated
Coconut – 1 cup , finely grated
Sugar – 1.5 cups (original called for 2 cups)
Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Keep a greased tray ready .
- Take a thick bottomed pan and add ghee .
- Add grated coconut and carrot .
- Saute it until raw smell disappears and becomes fragrant.
- Add sugar and keep stirring .
- Once it starts bubbling lower the flame .
- Cook it on medium flame until ghee starts leaving the sides .
- Once it thickens and leaves ghee from the sides add cardamom powder and mix it well .
- Immediately pour it in a greased tray and spread it well .
- Cut it into desired shapes and cool it completely .
- Once cool store it in an airtight container .