Diwali is just around the corner and the festival of light is incomplete without the preparation of sweets and savories . I had bookmarked this recipe a year back and I couldn’t resist myself from trying this goodness . The result was successful . Homemade munchies are anytime better than store bought ones . I adapted this recipe from rakskitchen and her recipes are always full proof .
Recipe adapted from : Raks Kitchen
Idiyappam flour – 1 cup
Cashewnuts – 15
Asafoetida / hing – 1 pinch
Sesame seeds – 1 .5 tsp
Salt – to taste
Ghee or melted butter – 1 tsp
Oil – to deep fry
- Grind cashewnuts to a smooth paste .
- See that there are no cashew bits .
- Take a mixing bowl and add rice flour ,sesame seeds , salt to taste , hing and ghee .
- Add cashew paste and mix it .
- Add water little by little and make a dough .
- There should not be any cracks nor sticky .
- Fill the dough in the chakli press .
- Press chaklis carefully over aluminium foil.
- Heat oil and slide chaklis one at a time .
- Adjust the flame and fry it until it turns light brown in colour .
- Cool it and store it in an airtight container .
Pictorial presentation :