Today is the fourth day of Diwali where gowardhana puja is celebrated. Diwali without the preparation of chakli is incomplete . So I made rava chakli for today’s occasion . The chakli came out crisp and was such an easy peasy preparation .This is again my bookmarked recipe and I made it today .I have also added some tips by Santoshi Nayak in the note section which she had modified and was a superhit . To know more about the importance of each day of diwali one may refer here . Stay tuned for more interesting recipes!
Recipe adapted from : cookwithsmile
Chiroti rava – 1 cup *(refer note)
Rice flour – 2 cups *(refer note)
Water – 2 cups
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Chilly powder – 1/2 – 1 tsp
Butter – lemon sized
Sesame seeds – 1 -2 tsp
Asafoetida / hing – a generous pinch
Oil – as much needed to deep fry
Salt – to taste
- Take a pan and boil water .
- Add salt to taste and add chiroti rawa .
- Lower the flame and cook it for 2 minutes like upma .
- Switch off the flame , transfer it in a bowl and cool it for a minute .
- Add chilly powder , cumin seeds , hing , butter,rice flour and sesame seeds .
- Make a soft dough.
- Add more water if required little at a time to adjust the consistency .
- Make chaklis in the chakli press .
- Heat oil and deep fry it by adjusting the flame .
- Once cool store it in an air tight container .
My notes :
- You may use idiyappam flour instead of rice flour .
- You may also add bombay rawa instead of chiroti rawa .
- You may add 3 tbsp approx sieved fried gram flour (hurikadle) .
- By adding hurikadle powder the chaklis becomes crisp .
Pictorial presentation :